Installing a liquid cooling unit on the PCB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB board

yjagor

Neuling
Hello.

I understand that tampering with the design of the product will void the warranty, and I do so knowingly after the expiration of my supplier's warranty.
But before that, I need to know some parameters of the F5-7200J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK board, namely the height of the PCB board for compatibility with a liquid cooling radiator, the dimensions of the RAM chips and the thickness of the thermal interface.
The response can be emailed to yjagor@gmail.com so as not to be a bad example to change the design of a G.Skill product.
I don't expect your answer, but thanks anyway.

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
Hello @yjagor

For international support please contact techsupport@gskill.com

The height of the PCB itself is ~ 31mm. The thickness of the thermal interface material depends upon the heatsinks you are going to use. Usually these are bundled with thermal pads of the correct thickness for single and/or dual rank modules. Since the PCB is larger than that of older generations like DDR2/DDR3, look specifically for products with support for DDR5, otherwise the ICs won't be fully covered.

Some manufacturers offer complete sets for different configurations. Just as an example:

Best Regards
Cody

Technischer Support
G.SKILL Deutschland

Cody, thank you for your detailed answer. Good luck!

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh