Allgemeine Infos

Offizielle Website: The Outer Worlds
Steam: The Outer Worlds on Steam
Release: 2019
Systeme: PC, Playstation, Xbox
Publisher: Private Division
Entwickler: Obsidian Entertainment
Genre: First-Person Shooter, Role-Playing Game, Sci-Fi

The Outer Worlds is a new single-player first-person sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. Lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the furthest edge of the galaxy, you awake decades later only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the Halcyon colony. As you explore the furthest reaches of space and encounter various factions, all vying for power, the character you decide to become will determine how this player-driven story unfolds. In the corporate equation for the colony, you are the unplanned variable.

Cover

n/a

Screenshots

Videos

The Outer Worlds - Official Announcement Trailer - YouTube

Pre- & Reviews

n/a

Artikel / News

Obsidian's 'The Outer Worlds' is basically 'Fallout' in space

-----

Neues Spiel von Obsidian und dann auch noch Sci-Fi? Count me in. :d

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
Na das ist doch mal eine schöne Überraschung, bin gespannt!

Wirkt wie Borderlands 2 ohne billiges Cellshading.

First Look At The Fallout Inspired RPG, The Outer Worlds - YouTube

Auch nice. :d

New Combat Gameplay And Details For The Outer Worlds - YouTube

Im Subreddit geht's auch ordentlich rund zwecks der Ankündigung. Dort ist man auch nicht gerade froh darüber ... verständlich.

Schade, dann halt eben nicht.

Jaa, jetzt gehts wieder los: #FuckEpic, mimimi. :rolleyes:

Gibt es eigentlich billige epic game store keys aus dubiosen Quellen irgendwo zu kaufen? Wenn nicht klärt sich der tatsächliche Hintergrund für das Gemotze sehr schnell...

Der Launcher interessiert mich sowas von nicht. Siehe Metro. Spiel starten und fertig.

Bei Steam-Einführung waren auch fast alle am jammern, ebenso bei Origin.

Naja ich ich kaufe immer mal wieder günstig Steam Guthaben und habe dort immer ganz gut Geld aufm Konto deswegen ärgert mich sowas schon etwas. Entweder sind eh genug andere Games aufm Markt die mich das Jahr überbrücken lassen oder ich muss meine Augenklappe rausholen und mein Gold ein Jahr in der Truhe lassen.

Übrigens sind noch mehr Titel dabei, PS exclusives wundern mich ganz schön. http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Unreal-Engine-Software-239301/News/Viele-neue-Exklusivspiele-fuer-den-Epic-Games-Store-1277900/

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@scrollt
Sehr gut, Kritik an Epic, deren Vorgehen und Launcher - egal ob man diese nun teilt oder nicht - wird einfach mit einer eher sinnbefreiten Aussage abgewiegelt und für nichtig erklärt. Prima.

Ich möchte mal einen etwas längeren Beitrag zu dem Thema zitieren:

It's been a fairly exhausting weekend seeing so many reduce the resistance shown towards Epic's launcher as simply not wishing to click a button. It's not just a matter of convenience, but the end result of years of research Valve put into the demands and expectations of both developers and customers alike - all while heeding their position as a global storefront and giving devs the tools to understand markets with less strong currencies and economies. Not only that, but Valve has looked to their competition on more than one occasion and integrated superior ideas and functionality into their own toolset. Origin beat them to having a built-in streaming feature by some time. Other storefronts had much more lenient refund policies before it became a matter of doing business legally in certain territories. They've even begun to rebuild the chat functionality of the client in response to Discord, despite it being a bit of a mess and still not allowing for access to group chats on Android yet. That's not even getting into the software they've contributed to and their vision for making Linux a fully viable option for gamers.They're always looking at the big picture mode.

I get the desire to side with developers first and foremost because, as a dev who plans to offer her game on Steam natively alongside other storefronts such as Itch, the promise of greater revenue for me per sale is extremely attractive! Every extra penny I can earn would go a long way towards keeping game creation as a sustainable option for myself and the small team size I plan to maintain. However, that's not the end all be all. As a developer, being on Steam gives numerous advantages:

• Hooks for community features that let people share screenshots of my game instantly, stream to friends with the push of a button, and send media of my game to social media platforms of their choice easily. Word of mouth can be very important for small titles, so Steam's functionality gives players many ways to do just that natively within the client.
  • Forums hosted for tech support, general questions about the game, community bugfixes & enhancements and more. Discord servers and private email correspondence is terrible for this because it's not easily linkable nor do these appear on search results when someone googles an issue they're having or an enhancement they heard about, like a SpecialK build for my game. As these are hosted by Valve themselves, there is a much smaller risk of seeing all that information vanish.
  • Store pages with countless points of data that may be very important for a user to see before they make a purchase. What languages do I support? Does my game recognize controllers and take full advantage of their functionality? Is there online play of some kind? What about badges, cards, achievements, and other functions of the sort? It's all there in a standardized way that makes it super simple for a user to find out what they need to when viewing my game for the first time.
  • Vast metadata which gives potential customers a way to find my title among similar titles, as well as curated lists written by users who may be looked to for advice on purchases. There is still a responsibility on me to properly advertise my title, which also depends quite a bit on luck and if my product can catch the eye of the right people, but I'm not completely on my own on the storefront once my game is there.
  • Investments in and integration with projects that will enable my game to run on OSes that I may not be able to support directly depending on the engine I use, which has culminated in the development of Photon and other tools that generally make my title more accessible than ever.
  • Free key generation for my title, so that I may sell on other marketplaces and take advantage of their sales periods and consumer base. Valve does not make a profit off of any of those keys, so I could use those to earn up to 100% of the revenue depending on where customers buy my game from. This ranges from storefronts like Humble, Greenmangaming and Amazon to clients like Itch.io. At no point are users forced to buy through Steam exclusively.
  • Extensive sales opportunities, all completely within my control.
  • And much more!
As a consumer, there are certain expectations we may have depending on our use cases and needs:

• Native controller support and extensive customization options for everything from the Dualshock 4 to the Switch Pro Controller.
  • Full screen, console-style interface for accessing my library and every one of the client's functions for comfortable playing, for those who prefer a less spartan and controller-friendly navigation.
  • Seamless integration into online functionality through the friends list and chat client.
  • Consideration for local currency and economic situations. Valve has made a point to understand the markets in different parts of the world as a way to combat piracy for those who were being unfairly charged three times as much as customers in other countries. Steam currently supports almost 40 currencies and gives developers advice on how to price their games in less economically well-off territories.
  • A search function so that I can find the game I'm looking for to wishlist, purchase, gift to a friend, or just link to someone who may be interested.
  • Metadata that lets me know about the game I may be potentially buying, as well as methods to find games that are similar to it - either by algorithmic comparison or user-submitted lists, all hosted natively on the service so I don't have to leave Steam itself.
  • Social features that let me share moments from games I love with friends and the internet as a whole, all natively from within Steam as a client.
  • Built in community forums so I can get in touch with developers to offer feedback during Early Access periods, get support for bugs I may be having, or download mods to fix broken games that may otherwise still be a lot of fun to play, all completely public and just a search away.
  • Cards which let me earn a little bit of money back per game that supports them, which in turn gets put directly into another developer's pocket both by the purchasing of cards to finish badges as well as helping fund games I may otherwise not have the extra money to afford in my bank account.
  • No questions asked refunds so long as I am not asking for refunds constantly. I just click a few boxes, wait a short time, and my money is back.
  • Extensive sales opportunities not just through the main store, but key resellers and developers' personal sites as well if they offer Steam keys as part of the purchase.
  • ...and much more! Not even including things like their work with VR, their own controller, etc.
You may be thinking, "ListeningGarden, some of these are duplicates!", but that's more to highlight the fact that what Steam brings is a positive for both developers and consumers alike. Valve as a company is not perfect, and I have a lot of criticisms for the way they've handled various issues with their policies and storefront, and I will call them out whenever they do something I don't approve of. Looking at it from both perspectives, Valve has addressed most of those, even if they were unclear on how they would do so until their solution was rolling out.

Which brings me to the Epic client... It lacks almost all functionality that I expect as a developer and a consumer living just weeks away from 2019. They've had the Steamspy guy on staff for years, who has personally invested a ton of time into understanding the inner workings of Steam and the economy within, and yet they couldn't launch a store that has even a tenth of the capability? Who won't even bother offering functions that the Steamspy guy openly criticized Valve for not offering? (Thanks, Kurt!) Epic, who has Fortnite and UE4 royalties to back and fund the development of the launcher and storefront which has already existed for several years in slightly different form, as well as business partners with considerably hefty bank accounts of their own? Whose very founder spoke out against Microsoft for a potential monopoly of their own, only for Epic Game Launcher to completely ditch Linux as an option for distribution?

I'm supposed to champion them as a developer because they're offering a greater share, but stores like Humble and Itch give developers an even bigger share than Epic does. Why were those not celebrated as openly? Epic's answer to that is to force exclusivity to their store, taking choice away from the consumer and not giving much of a benefit to the developer. Their cut doesn't really mean much when other storefronts/launchers offer even better cuts and have much more functionality. Epic's decision to launch their store by only giving already successful and known indie studios preferential treatment at the cost of losing every advantage Steam offers me has greatly limited what trust I have in them to develop this into something that would actually be a net good. Team Meat doesn't need a curated spot to sell their game, they're already a household indie name. Where's the support for the not quite as well off who could benefit much more from being front and center of a new store launch (without the need for forced exclusivity of titles to a specific storefront or a client that lacks pretty much any functionality), who find the completely honest breakdown by the Brigador devs after their launch failed to be all too familiar to their own situation? If they're really about making a difference, that's really where their attention should be.

Yet, it isn't. And that concerns me! And if you're at all interested in the actual health of dev teams both small and large, as well as your own experience as a consumer, you probably should be too. This isn't competition with the desire to create something genuinely better for the PC landscape, and Epic has a long, long way to go before I can comfortably believe they are doing so with such an intention.

Quelle: PC Gaming Era | December 2018 - We got 99 problems, but 76 aint one | ResetEra

(Hinweis: In Bezug auf mögliche Features ist der Beitrag etwas veraltet, da er von Dezember ist. Mittlerweile gibt's ja eine Roadmap für den Launcher von Epic.)

Und dabei werden noch nicht mal alle Kritikpunkte angesprochen, die es zu dem Thema gibt.

Aber bitte, wenn du der Ansicht bist die Thematik darauf runterbrechen zu müssen, dass es keine Keystores gibt die Epic-Keys anbieten ...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Ich bin überzeugt davon, dass das bei der Mehrheit der Spieler das eigentliche Problem ist. Dass der Store noch nicht so weit ist, ist ja unbestritten. Kann ja noch besser werden. Und wird es sicher auch.
Abgesehen davon muss sich einfach niemand wundern, dass es so kommt. Epic schwimmt im Geld und kann machen was es will. Man sollte sich einfach mal an diese neue Zukunft gewöhnen.

Vielleicht bin ich da auch nur nicht so empfindlich, weil ich fast nur noch auf der Konsole spiele...

Man kann auch einfach seine Spiele kaufen die man spielen will. Mir ist der Store völlig Latte. Ich nutze nichtmal die Steamfeatures.

Steam war DER Anfang. Jetzt ist’s was heiliges. Ist klar.

Heult die Community eigentlich auch bei jedem EA Spiel, dass man nicht bei Steam bekommt?

als Randnotiz:

unknown.png

Komischerweise nicht mehr. Früher wurde da auch nur rumgeheult, und gesagt, dass man Origin boykottiert. Da hat man am Ende wieder das wahre Gesicht gesehen.

@scrollt
War ja klar, dass das kommt ...

Das der Vergleich ziemlich idiotisch ist, fällt dir aber selber auf oder?
"Metro: Last Light" ist 2013 veröffentlicht wurden. Damals war zum einen die Anzahl der Steamnutzer geringer als heute und zum anderen war die "fanbase" der Metro-Reihe ebenfalls noch kleiner, ergo waren die Verkaufszahlen damals natürlich geringer. Über all die Jahre ist, auch dank der Redux-Teile, die Zahl der Fans gestiegen und das sich eine Reihe über die Zeit bzw. über mehrere Titel hinweg besser verkauft, sollte daher nicht verwundern. Und das unabhängig von der Plattform.
Und das es Spieler gibt, denen die Plattform egal ist und "alles mitmachen", sollte auch klar sein.

Aber ich seh schon, eine wirkliche Auseinandersetzung mit dem Thema ist von euch nicht zu erwarten. Ist auch in Ordnung.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Richtig mitcharts, nur weil es Menschen gibt die eure Meinung nicht teilen, ist eine Diskussion sinnlos? :rolleyes:

Gamer die andauernd Boykott schreien und rumjaulen sind am Ende meistens die nachgeben.

Auch andere Launcher sammeln Daten, aber das ist ok. Ist ja Epic, der neue Feind. Und Steam darf ruhig weitere soviel Provision verlangen. Also echt....

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Nö, der Vergleich ist nicht idiotisch, ist doch genau das gleiche. Und das Metro sich ordentlich verkauft zeigt einfach, dass die die am lautesten schreien im Fall vom EGS einfach nicht die Mehrheit der Spieler sind.

Aber mach doch einen extra Thread dafür auf mitcharts, bleiben wir doch hier lieber bei dem Spiel.

Richtig mitcharts, nur weil es Menschen gibt die eure Meinung nicht teilen, ist eine Diskussion sinnlos? :rolleyes:
Das habe ich nicht geschrieben.

Auch andere Launcher sammeln Daten, aber das ist ok.
Datensparsamkeit ist dir ein Begriff? Man möchte vielleicht nicht zig weitere Launcher installieren, die ebenfalls Daten sammeln, sondern dies dennoch reduzieren/eingrenzen? Einigen Nutzern kann so etwas durchaus wichtig sein.

Ist ja Epic, der neue Feind.
Gut, mit dieser eher extremerenn Sichtweise geh selbst ich nicht wirklich konform.

Und Steam darf ruhig weitere soviel Provision verlangen.
Ich sag nicht, dass die 30+% in Ordnung sind (hier muss Valve langsam mal in die Puschen kommen), aber der zitierte Beitrag von ResetEra auf Seite 1 schlüsselt auf warum Valve eben diesen Prozentsatz verlangt.
Und man kann die Provision mit der Generierung von Keys und den Verkauf jener über andere Stores sogar komplett umgehen ... dies bietet Valve als Service direkt mit an.

Epic hat zwar den Vorteil der geringeren Provision, bietet - nach aktuellem Kenntnisstand - aber nicht mal annähernd das an, was Valve seinen Kunden anbietet.

@scrollt
Wie "genau das Gleiche"?

Eigener Thread wäre nicht verkehrt, ja.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Datensparsamkeit ist dir ein Begriff? Man möchte vielleicht nicht zig weitere Launcher installieren, die ebenfalls Daten sammeln, sondern dies dennoch reduzieren/eingrenzen? Einigen Nutzern kann so etwas durchaus wichtig sein.

Ja, ist mir ein Begriff. Ich sehe da aber auch die Sichtweise der Publisher und kann absolut nachvollziehen, dass man da auf das Geld guckt. Das es für uns Kunden ein Launcher mehr ist, ist nicht toll.
Aber ganz ehrlich? Steam hat angefangen. Dann kam EA mit Origin, das war ein Geschrei. Trotz vieler Boykottankündigungen haben sich die Titel doch gut verkauft. Bei Uplay weiss ich nicht, wie gross der Aufschrei war. Blizzard hat auch einen Launcher, bei Destiny 2 wurde auch nicht geweint. Bei Call of Duty schon inkl. Boykottaufrufe. Aber alles nicht in so einem Ausmaß wie bei Epic jetzt. Bei der Masse an Launchern, macht da einer weiterer den Kohl jetzt fett?

Es zeigt sich in der ganzen Geschichte halt auch das wahre Gesicht der Gamermasse. "#FuckEpic" etc., einfach kindisch. Ich würde auch behaupten, dass 80% der "Boykottierer" sich auch Metro über diesen Store gekauft haben. Es war bei der Origin-Geschichte und Call of Duty BO4 für battle.net nicht anders. Oder bei Modern Warfare 2:

The Modern Warfare 2 Steam Boycott Group - Album on Imgur

Ich für meinen Teil finde den Epic Store auch sehr rudimentär, aber wie bereits geschrieben interessieren mich die Launcher nicht. Nicht, weil ich damit nicht befasse, sondern weil ich die Spiele kaufe, die ich spielen will. Ich als Gamer kaufe ein Spiel wegen des Spiels und nicht wegen des Launchers. Interessiert mich ein Spiel, dann will ich es auch spielen und warte nicht bis das auf Steam kommt, welches übrigens zu seinen Anfängen auch fertig gemacht wurde.

Die meisten sind ja auch traurig, dass es aktuell für Spiele im Epic Store kaum günstige Keys gibt.

Gut, mit dieser eher extremerenn Sichtweise geh selbst ich nicht wirklich konform.
Alles gut :) Gibt da aber teils krasse Menschen.

Ich sag nicht, dass die 30+% in Ordnung sind (hier muss Valve langsam mal in die Puschen kommen), aber der zitierte Beitrag von ResetEra auf Seite 1 schlüsselt auf warum Valve eben diesen Prozentsatz verlangt.
Und man kann die Provision mit der Generierung von Keys und den Verkauf jener über andere Stores sogar komplett umgehen ... dies bietet Valve als Service direkt mit an.

Epic hat zwar den Vorteil der geringeren Provision, bietet - nach aktuellem Kenntnisstand - aber nicht mal annähernd das an, was Valve seinen Kunden anbietet.

Kommt ja noch alles nach und nach.

The Outer Worlds Will Be Epic Store Exclusive, and Fans Are Pissed - YouTube

The Outer Worlds now Epic Games Exclusive - Angry Rant! - YouTube

The Outer Worlds - PAX East 2019 Gameplay Demo Walkthrough - YouTube

The Outer Worlds Gameplay - Finally, a Fallout: New Vegas Spiritual Successor - IGN LIVE E3 2019 - YouTube

Freu mich schon drauf. Ist übrings zum Release im Game Pass

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh