Metro Exodus Enhanced 12900K and Rtx 4090 bottleneck?scene

swrt45

Profi
Hi. I have 12900K stock

32 GB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600mhz GEAR 1

Palit Gamerock Pro OC rtx 4090

1300W Seasonic Platinum Prime

Aorus Elite DDR4 Z690

Windows 11 2H22. Updated new nvidia drivers.

I compared with some youtube user, intensive cpu scene in Metro Exodus EE.
I used 1440,extreme preset,RT ULTRA,rest ultra for testing fps.

Here is screen:
mme.jpg

But i have here 50% gpu usage and 100fps. Is this because i have DDR4 3600mhz and 12900K?

Wenn Du diese Anzeige nicht sehen willst, registriere Dich und/oder logge Dich ein.
No Load on GPU its because you did not find the right Graphic-Options to put load on your GPU.
If you want to compare you to someone you have to use EXAKT the same Settings. So what do you want to hear? Do all the youtube-cracks you compare yourself to have 200 FPS?

Example: On one Screen DLSS is enabled, on the other not. In WQHD its no problem to get the 4090 to a limit.

MetroExodus_2022_11_06_23_27_26_429.jpg

MetroExodus_2022_11_06_23_32_59_942.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I compared with some youtube user, intensive cpu scene in Metro Exodus EE.
I used 1440,extreme preset,RT ULTRA,rest ultra for testing fps.
Play 4k, get GPU limited. Play lower res, get CPU limted.
CPU Limit, GPU Limit and how a frame is generated are your topics.

maybe you want to put this one through deepl.com:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
But i use the same exact settings,NO DLSS ,ultra preset and have 50% usage. No dlss. Why 50%? That person from youtube have 88% usage.

But i use the same exact settings,NO DLSS ,ultra preset and have 50% usage. No dlss. Why 50%? That person from youtube have 88% usage.
Dude, get the basics straight. If you have that, we can discuss what that could mean.
But doing analysis work with someone who has no clue what he's talking about is pointless.

I don't discuss with my car mechanic. I pay him because i don't know shit. If it bothers you, learn about it, then we can discuss.

So i have slow ram and 12900K is bottlenecking ?

What is your expectation?
You snip also has 100 FPS?
What's your issue?
I think its can be cpu. Because i saw some vclip on youtube with RYZEN and fast DDR5 and the same usage drops there. So it can be cpu?

I think its can be cpu. Because i saw some vclip on youtube with RYZEN and fast DDR5 and the same usage drops there. So it can be cpu?
Same question again:
What is your expectation that is not fulfilled?
What is it that you think you should see?
Where do you think you have an issue that should be fixed?

Low GPU Usage is CPU-Limit. YES. But Usually it is User-Fault not using the Controls ingame.
So what does it means to you? You go straigt to Shop and buy a new CPU/RAM/Mainboard? Helps you about 10% from your current status and costs you 1500 Euros.
So its WORTH a shit.

Go Use the Ingame-Controls.
Go Use DL-DSR in Driver-Panel.

Is this not because my gpu is not blocked by slow cpu and slow ram?
If there only was a way to find out and test for evidence that only takes 3 minutes ...
But to know how to test and to understand what's going on you have to learn about CPU limit, GPU limit and how a frame is generated in a PC.
If you know, you see numbers differently. Reading numbers is easy. Knowing what they are telling you - not so easy. Creating a meaningful dataset to really know what's going on - hardest.

Hopefully i will get you to read and understand about CPU limit, GPU limit and Frame generation :xmas:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Try to use Downsampling

Downsampling.png

I don't understand the issue to be honest.

All reviews have shown that the 4090 ist fast enough to run into cpu bottlenecks at lower resolutions like 1440p, at least without downsampling for example.

But i have here 50% gpu usage and 100fps. Is this because i have DDR4 3600mhz and 12900K?
but what is your goal?

more fps or a gpu that is fully utlized?

if u want more fps, then your cpu/ram is the problem

if you want a gpu that is powering 100% all the time > turn your settings up

I am gettin next issue.In Cyberpunk 2077 dlss modes not improving fps.

I used 1440,RT ULTRA, dlss AUTO,rest ultra for testing fps.

And you know? All 3-4 modes of DLSS not working.

Dlss is not working. I am gettin the same scores and fps on all 3 modes of dlss. Any ideas? my drivers is up to date. DLSS Quality,performance,ultra performance ,no fps gain in benchmark and game.

I compare benchmark scores with youtube user and he got 160fps on that settings in benchmark, when me 115fps because dlss is screwed. Any ideas?

Here someone with Rtx 4090 and hes dlss AUTO is "working" in benchmark:

He is getting at start 165 fps. I have 115fps.
I tried all 3 different drivers nothing helps.

But someone with 10850K and slow DDR4 test DLSS modes on Rtx 4090 and its working normally. So cpu limit? I have 12900K.

:wall:
CPU Limit.

Maybe i should update bios ? Or dont mess with this?

Here is log:"
Newest bios (F20) on your motherboard? Newest one released just a week+ ago:

2022/11/03:
  1. Checksum : DFF2
  2. Supports Intel 13th generation processor
  3. Improve CPU OC stability, DDR compatibility & PCIe Gen5 stability"

8400-32-47-47-32
vs
3200cl16?

what is your gpu load in the specific scene`?

If you are afraid, that your cpu is not running as intended.
Run a CPU-Benchmark like Cinebench23 and compare the score to others.

If you have no GPU-Load run the rendertest in GPU-Z Mainscreen and look if the Connection show the right Lanes.
Make Shure that your GPU is in the first slot besides the CPU and shows PCIe 4.0@16

I tried 3dmark port royal on 1440P. 115 fps average without DLSS. with DLSS 3.0 256fps . So dlss its working on port royal,fine here.

My cpu scores in 3dmark time spy extreme,cpu profile,cinebench are accurate and ok.

u cant compare ur ddr4 3600 with stock timings with a tuned 8000mhz ddr5 system. ram speed combined with manuelly tuned timings can make a huge difference when it comes to the cpu performance.

a 13700k with a tuned ddr4 kit can be more than 50% faster than my 12700 non k with 3200cl16 xmp. sometimes more that 75%

what is your gpu load on the scenes where u think u have not enough fps?

60-70%
Beitrag automatisch zusammengeführt:

u cant compare ur ddr4 3600 with stock timings with a tuned 8000mhz ddr5 system. ram speed combined with tuned timings can make a huge difference when it comes to the cpu performance.

a 13700k with a tuned ddr4 kit can be more than 50% faster than my 12700 non k with 3200cl16 xmp. sometimes more that 75%

wh?at is your gpu load on the scenes where u think u have not enough fps?
50fps?

that indicates a cpu limit :)

a gpu works really simple. a gpu will give everything it can as long as it gets enough fps (information) from the CPU/RAM. is the gpu load not at around 95-99% > the gpu isnt the problem. :)

that indicates a cpu limit :)

a gpu works really simple. a gpu will give everything it can as long as it gets enough fps (information) from the CPU/RAM. is the gpu load not at around 95-99% > the gpu isnt the problem.
But someone with 10850K and slow DDR4 test DLSS modes on Rtx 4090 and its working normally. So cpu limit? I have 12900K.

Hardwareluxx setzt keine externen Werbe- und Tracking-Cookies ein. Auf unserer Webseite finden Sie nur noch Cookies nach berechtigtem Interesse (Art. 6 Abs. 1 Satz 1 lit. f DSGVO) oder eigene funktionelle Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Webseite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir diese Cookies setzen. Mehr Informationen und Möglichkeiten zur Einstellung unserer Cookies finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.

Zurück
Oben Unten refresh