Supporting USB 2.0, the DRW-0804P-D is a notebook's perfect companion. Bring the DRW-0804P-D on the road, plug it to the notebook and immediately enjoy versatile optical storage capability. The DRW-0804P-D also leveraged IEEE 1394 interface to enable fast data transfer for digital video content.
The DRW-0804P-D is capable of reading data from and writing data on both DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW formats. With the dual compatibility feature, the DRW-0804P-D creates DVDs that can be played or read by most DVD-ROM drives and DVD players, making it perfect for multimedia data storage. In addition, this is ASUS' first external DVD Rewriter with a changeable door design at the front bezel, allowing users to change door colors to get away from the boring world of beige systems.
The DRW-0804P-D employed innovative technologies to provide cutting-edge data storage. FlextraLink™ prevents buffer underrun problems and eliminates the creation of unusable discs, while FlextraSpeed™ enhances accuracy and reliability when writing/re-writing across a broad range of certified media. The DRW-0804P-D features the patented ASUS DDSS II technology, which minimizes spindle motor vibration by stabilizing the pick-up head both horizontally and vertically during high-revolution operation. The DVD rewriter further adopted LCT (Liquid Crystal Tilt) technology, which provides enhanced pick up head accuracy during recording and playback on disks with uneven curvature and thickness. With a full range of advanced features, burning a DVD (4.7GB or 4 hours) takes only seven minutes.
The DRW-0804P-D will begin shipments in mid-June. For additional information, please visit the company homepage at http://www.asus.com.
ASUS DRW-0804P-D Features:
- 8X DVD-Write/4X DVD-RW/8X DVD+Write/4X DVD+ReWrite/12X DVD-ROM/24X CD-Write/24X CD-ReWrite/40X CD-ROM
- High-Speed Interface: USB2.0 + IEEE1394
- FlextraLink™ Buffer Underrun Errors Prevention Technology
- FlextraSpeed™ Optimal Writing Speed Adjustment Technology
- DDSS II - Double Dynamic Suspension System
- Optical Pickup Head LCT - Liquid Crystal Tilt Technology
- Anti-Toppling Drive Stand for Stable Vertical Burning
- ASUS Unique Live Firmware Update Tool
- Latest NERO software bundle
- Windows XP/ ME/2000/98SE and Mac OS
- Multi-Formats: DVD Single/Dual layer discs, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-ROM Mode 1, CD-ROM/XA Mode 2 (form 1, form 2), Photo CD (single and multiple session), CD-DA, CD-Extra, CD-Text, CD-R, CD-RW